|CMI invites application for the following programmes:
- B.Sc. (Hons) in mathematics and Computer Science
(3 Year integrated course)
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Physices (3 Year integrated course)
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Ph. D. in Mathematics, Ph. D. in Computer Science
The courses are conducted by CMI with the cooperation of the Institute of Mathematicakl Sciences, Chennai and the school of Mathematics, TIFR, Mumbai.
The B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are awarded by Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (OPEN) University. The Ph. D. degrees are awarded by University of Madras and BITS, Pilani.
These programmes are supported by
- National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM),
Department of Atomic Energy.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Eligibility for Admission :
- B. Sc. : 12th standard or equivalent.
- M. Sc. (Math) : B. Sc.(Math)/ B. Math/ B. Stat./ B. Tech.
- M. Sc. (C.S.) : B.E./ B. Tech/ B. Sc.(C.S.) or B. Sc.(Math) with a strong background in C.S.
- Ph. D. (Math) : B.E./ B. Tech/ B. Sc.(Math)/ M.Sc. (Math)
- Ph. D. (C.S.) : B.E./ B. Tech/ M. Sc.(C.S.)/ M.C.A.
For all the programmes, applicants shortlisted based on their scholistic record will be require to take an entrance examination to be held in Allahabad, Banglore, Bhopal, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hydrabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi, on Friday, 30 May, 2003. In addition selection for Ph. D. will involve an interview at Chennai.
How to apply : To obtain the application forms and information brochures, send a DD of Rs. 250/- in favourof Chennai Mathematical Institute, payable at Chennai, to the address below before 11 April, 2003. Indicate clearly your name, address and programme(s) you are applying for.
Chennai Mathematical Institute
92 G.N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar,
Chennai 600 017